Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quick Break

So I'm just about to end week 3 of Term 3. The assignments and projects are nonstop and things are only getting tougher. In a couple weeks I need to come up with an idea for what will end up being my final project for the course. We will need to pick an short film or animation in which we to the entire Sound Design for.

In this term we get to collaborate with some of the Term 6 Foundation students to essentially be Sound "mentor" for their final projects. I'm helping a student with a movie trailer so hopefully I'll be able to get the final piece and show you guys what I've been up to all this time. Then we will be working with some of the Film Production students where we'll be doing production recording for their projects also.

We're also getting more exposure to sound in Video Games. I never realized how much goes into designing sound to make a game seem flawless. That's what they keep drilling into us here at school, "If you do your job right, no one will notice". It's a thankless job but someone's gotta do it.

So I was lucky enough to catch up with some of you over the few days I had back in DC. It was great to see everybody but the visit was too short. I have another 5 days off in October and the next long break will be the last 2 weeks of December. As you can see it's hard to find free time to keep taking pics and keep things updated, but I'll try so you know how things are going up here.

I was so excited to meet Dylan for the first time! I'm sure he's grown already since this picture.


it was great seeing you :)


see ya when I see ya! btw, who's coming out to Vancouver, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment